BBQ Pulled Pork
We love this easy, no hassle BBQ Pork recipe, it easily feeds a crowd and leftovers are great on nachos.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 7-8 hours or 4-5 hours
Serves 20 - 24
7-8 lb Boneless Pork Butt
2 16oz cans of Root Beer
1 large onion
2 + tablespoons of Fiesta Seasoning
1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
28 oz + barbeque sauce
- Spray inside of Crockpot with cooking spray
- Slice onion about 1/4" thick and layer on the bottom of Crockpot.
- Season pork butt on both sides liberally with Fiesta Seasoning and place in Crockpot fat side up.
- Add red pepper flakes. I find the red pepper flakes cuts down on the sweetness this recipe can have using the root beer. This won't give the pork any extra heat so if you like spicy add more.
- Add enough root beer to to fill Crockpot 3/4 full.
- Put the lid on and set Crockpot low for 7-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours, the pork is done when it shreds easily with a fork.
- Carefully remove pork butt and onions from Crockpot (use a large bowl) and shred until desired consistency is reached. Reserve up to a cup of the remaining cooking liquid for possible use later, skimming off the fat from the top.
- Add BBQ sauce to shredded pork mixture. You may find the need to add some of the cooking liquid into the shredded pork to loosen it up a bit. I find the hotter the pork is when I add the BBQ sauce the more it absorbs, this is when I add a little of the cooking liquid, begin by adding just a small amount at first, you don't want it too soupy.